Sunday, July 30, 2017

Going through the Motions

What is my motivation for striving to live the Gospel?  Why am I diligent?  Why do I go to church?  Why do I read the scriptures?  Why is this important to me?


Is it to say I’m righteous or look righteous to onlookers?  Is it because my mom taught me to?  Is it because it’s all I know?  Do I feel I need to earn the Saviour’s love or my way to heaven by checking off the list? NO!


We should be obedient to God because we LOVE HIM!  We can draw closer to him, know him better, and maybe start to become like him.  We should strive to follow the commandments so we can become what God needs us to to be and be ready to serve in any capacity he needs when the times arise. We never know when or what will be asked.  We need to be ready and willing!  We need to follow the gospel so that we can continue to grow in faith.  


When it’s time to give a talk, I’ll do it!
When it’s time to be a good friend, I can do it!
When it’s time to comfort someone who it sad, I’m there!
When it’s time to work, I am able!
When it’s time to trust in the Saviour, I will have faith!
When it’s time to go to the temple, I’ll be ready!
When it’s time to go on a mission, I’ll be willing!
When it’s time to be a parent, I can do my best!
When it’s time to serve in a challenging calling, I will serve!
When it’s time to have a trial, I can survive!
When it’s time to show compassion, I will!
When it’s time to report to my God, I will stand and know I did my best!

...instead of going through the motions.

0 comments: