Thursday, May 10, 2018

The Call

I was waiting for the phone to ring.  This was more than 20 years ago when all I had was a landline into my apartment.  I knew from two different sources that two different boys were going to call me. I knew they were both going to ask me the same question. One boy I wanted to call, the other, I didn’t. One I wanted to date, the other I didn’t.  One I wanted to get the call over with and the other I was looking forward to where it would lead. One boy was named Ryan and the other was named Brian. Ryan called first. Brian called second.


Today I am waiting for two calls again.  This time I am keeping my smartphone next to me at all
times.  Everytime it rings, a wave of nervous energy fills me. My phone will hopefully receive a
call from Rylan’s cardiologist soon telling us if he needs surgery. My hope is that he doesn’t.

The other call I am waiting for is an exciting one!  Brad’s mission papers are submitted!
Where will his call lead him?  I am excited to find out the people he will love, serve, and teach
the gospel of Jesus Christ to.

0 comments: