Sunday, June 28, 2020

Who Matters, written June 14, 2020

Isaacs birthday. June 2nd, 2020. 18 years old. A monumental birthday. There was pain in my heart that I spent his 18th birthday without him here.  No graduation, no celebrations, no future to plan. Nothing. Just fading memories and many years of lost memories we never got to create. I went to Facebook wanting to share all about him with my world, but immediately felt that it was not the place. Not that day. It was blackout Tuesday.  Black lives matter. I get the sentiment. I DO. I know I'm not racist. I also know I can say nothing.  I know I don't completely understand. I know that I can't and never will completely understand what I don’t live and experience. I do understand that racism is bad.  I do understand police brutality is bad. I do understand black lives matter.  I do understand that looting,  robbing,  vandalizing,  destroying businesses and livelihoods is bad.  I do understand all those lives matter too.  All lives matter. All the black lives,  all the white lives,  ALL THE LIVES.
BUT, I can't say that. It is insensitive, at least that's what I'm told. I read this, 


That thought festered in me. Blackout Tuesday and I can't share how special my child was? My thoughts continued. I disagree. What better message than all kids are special?
I believe all lives are special! If I could tell all the moms and all the dads one thing after my son died it WOULD BE that all kids are special! All lives are special! All lives matter!! Hug your kids! Tell them you love them! Hold your tongue!  Hear them! Play with them! Walk with them! Dance with them! Sing to them! Live with them!

Black lives matter AND ALL the other lives DO matter even when you’re hurting.

If someone used the grave of my child to push their political agenda,  I would be livid. LIVID. My child did not die for you to use their grave as a stepping stool.  I believe that is very low. Climb upward on your own merit and ideas. If you can’t, then look at yourself and what you are presenting.

Also, I looked up the official Black lives matter website and read their beliefs. I wanted to know what they stood for from their own source.  I cannot stand (or kneel) with that organization.  They go against some of my fundamental beliefs.  They use the money they raise to push their political agenda and work to ruin anyone they deem “anti-black”.  How do they determine that?  Someone supported Trump? Someone they know supported Trump?  Someone didn’t kneel?  Someone did not speak out and say the right thing as they see fit? 

The organization states they do not uphold the nuclear family and that the village raises the child.  I get that we need to help each other, but dismissing the nuclear family is exactly the problem that is plaguing so much of society.  If we had intact and functional nuclear families many of society's problems would lessen.

The mob rules right now.  I hope the silence is the majority.  Bad is reported as good and good as bad.  The country has gone mad. 

0 comments: