Sunday, September 30, 2012

Volume

Reagan has more volume than a megaphone.  This week I was grateful.  James was in danger and Reagan stayed with him and screamed for help.  I was upstairs headed to get Wesley from his bed when I heard a horrible scream.  I went back downstairs and walked around looking for the source of the scream.  I heard it again.  I looked out the window and saw James dangling from the monkey bars.  Reagan was under him trying to help him, but barely touching his feet. Reagan was screaming, "HELP!" loudly.  I ran. I ran through the door, down the steps, across the yard and was just feet away from him when he fell.  Reagan was crying just as hard as James. He was so scared.  He later told Aubryn he thought James was going to die.  I was proud of Reagan for staying with him, trying his best to help, and calling for help.
Poor James had a rough 3 days.  The day before that his leg got stuck in the window well grate.  It was really stuck and left bad marks on the sides of his knee.  I wonder if it would have been safer for him to actually fall into the window well.  And yesterday he was stung by a hornet. 

0 comments: