Saturday, August 10, 2013

Survived the 20 Year Class Reunion

Brian had his 20 year class reunion tonight!  He won the coveted "most kids" award!  Woo Hoo.  He seemed pretty proud.  We enjoyed our night out while Brad agreed to tend at home (we were 5 minutes away)  for payment of alfredo noodles.  His idea!  I asked him if he wanted me to hire a babysitter or if he wanted to do it and get paid.  He got a sly smirk and told me he would do it for alfredo noodles.  Uhh, deal!  I had the kids ready for bed.  They just had to play outside for an hour and go to bed at 8:00. 
When I got home Brad told me that they had been fighting over the scooters and wiggle cars.  So Brad came up with a great idea!  He took all the bats and balls out of a large storage barrel and told them to take turns getting in it.  Then he would roll them around the grass while they were inside it.  He said they were all having a great time, even Wesley.  When Rylan's turn was over Brad took the lid off and Rylan refused to get out.  He did not want his turn to be over and began to scream and cry.  (This is not unusual for Rylan)  Sure enough our neighbor came right over.  She keeps a close eye on us.  (Ironic thing is we had talked with another neighbor before we left to make sure someone was willing to help if Brad needed it.) She was upset with Brad.  "Where are your parents!?"  Brad told her and said that the kids were just playing. He told her Rylan was just having a tantrum.  She said he wasn't having a tantrum and that Brad was trying to suffocate him. 
Reagan said, "What does suffocate mean?"
Brad said she replied with WIDE eyes and said, "DIE!"
She went and got them all ice cream and told Rylan not to cry.  She stayed for about a half an hour.  Brad told her that he needed to get them to bed and she left.  I imagine I will get put in my place tomorrow. 
She came by not to long ago while I was home and told me I looked ghostly.  "Is your husband out of town?  Are you okay?"  That made me feel real good!
She called over the fence yesterday too when Rylan wouldn't stop crying.  I don't even know why he was crying.  I said, "Rylan, go tell her you are okay.  She wants to know what is wrong."  He just sat there and went, "uh!"
I know she means well and is trying to be helpful.  Really.  Are any of you willing to stand up for me when DCFS comes to my door?  And could someone help Rylan to quit crying so much? 
By the way,  all the little kids were sleeping soundly and safely in their beds when I got home and Brad was awake waiting for us.

0 comments: