Sunday, December 21, 2014

My craft room has turned into Santa's workshop this last month.  One day while I was working on something, Wesley and James were playing right outside the door.  Wesley was running back and forth with a ball.  James calmly comes in and says, "Wesley has poop and there are steps of it on the floor."
Sure enough, there were poop footprints on the floor.  I found the ditched diaper and there was a poop stamp in the diaper from were the poop was.  I checked his bottom.  There was a poop stamp there too.  I followed the poop prints around wiping them as I went.  Saw a poop print on the door that Wesley had backed up to before taking off to run with the ball.  I could not find the actual lump of poop that caused the problem.
"Wesley, were is the poop?"  I asked.  I had looked all over the house, sniffing as I went.
"On my foot." he answered.
"No, where is the poop that you stepped in?"
"On my foot."
"Where is the poop that was in your diaper?
"On my FOOT!"
"WHERE IS THE POOP?"
ON MY FOOT!"
-
Rylan was watching Eden play with a toy that she really enjoyed and he said to me, "Eden really likes that toy.  She's envaporated with it."
-
While reading books with Wesley and James, we were looking at a "touch and feel" book.  The first page had a dog on it and a small circle with fur that you could touch.  "Did someone kill a dog? James asked me?  I told him no.  "Then how did they get this fur in here?"
-
I sewed teacher gifts for my kids school teachers.  I sent them off and when they got home from school, I asked Reagan if he gave his gift to his teacher.  He told me she was gone and that they had a substitute.  "So I gave it to the sub."
-
Wesley and James LOVE knock knock jokes.  Especially ones that end with "[whatever name was the answer] who is going to sit on you!"  Apparently it is really really funny.
-
James does not usually take napes, but one day he slept all afternoon.  When he woke up I said, "James!  You slept the day away!"
He responded, "I didn't want that day, so I slept that day off."
-
Rylan asked me, "Is this how you get into a car?"  Then he slid sideways onto a stool.
-
I said, "Hi, Mr. Wesley!"
He responded with, "I'm not Mr.Wesley.  I'm Wesley."
-
One night at around 3:30 am Christmas music began playing loudly in our home.  It woke me up and Eden was sleeping by me, so I asked Brian to go see if someone's alarm clock went off.  Turn out it was our computer.  Our computer that when it goes to sleep you have to push the power button to wake it.  Somehow it turned on and opened the internet, went to pandora, and began to play.  I couldn't go back to sleep for an hour.  I convinced in my mind that there was a Christmas Creep in my home.
-
A few Sundays ago Reagan, Rylan, and James decided that they wanted to run away.
"We are going to run away."  They told me.
"Why?"  I asked.
"We just want to see what it is like."
So they left.  No shoes or coats.  They ran down the street.  They ran up the street.  They were gone about a half an hour.  Then they came home.
"How was it?"  I asked.
"Cold."
-
I was using a funnel to fill hand warmers I was sewing with rice. (I made them for the teachers.)  I went to fill the rice and could not find the funnel.  I just had it!  I looked all over the craft room.  I lifted things up.  Moved things around.  I could not find.  I was stumped.  I decided to walk through the house.  Maybe I had it in my hand and accidentally set it down somewhere.  I walked into Eden's room where she was napping with the humidifier going.  There it was.  Sitting on top of the humidifier with the vapor rising out of it.
-
I recently bought myself a new curling iron.  I was so excited. I read some of the reviews on amazon.com.  There were over 2000 reviews!  It had 4 1/2 stars!  My hair was going to have beautiful, big, wavy, curls!  When it came in the mail, I couldn't wait to try it out.  I rolled a piece of hair up.  Held it for a few seconds.  Let it out.  Nothing.  Checked the curling iron.  Yes, it was on.  Checked the temperature. 450 degrees.  hmm.  Some of those reviews said they kept it at half of that with great results.  Some even showed photos of their hair!  I tried again with a smaller piece.  Still nothing.  Tried with hairspray.  Nothing.  Tried with other products.  NOTHING.  I was so annoyed and sad.  Anyone want a curling iron?  It has great reviews. (Except for mine.)

0 comments: