Sunday, August 28, 2016

I was in the checkout line.  I had Eden(2), Wesley(4), and James(5) with me.  I loaded all the groceries out of the cart and onto the belt.  I had a lot of groceries.  I was trying to hurry to pick up Reagan and Rylan.  There was no bagger.  I bagged my groceries.  I counted kids and put gum back on the rack.  I asked for a bagger to help me to my car.  I walked to my car and began unloading kids and asked the bagger to load bags in my car.  (Not sure he knew what his job entailed).  Then It struck me!  I forgot the bag of ice I paid for.  I looked towards the store to see the cashier, a 50ish year old man run/hobbling towards me.  He was out of breath and panting.  "You {huff huff huff} forgot {huff huff huff} to... pay for {huff huff huff} you groceries!"  Then he nearly killed over.  Not really, but he was really in a panic and I don't think he moved that fast since he was a kid.  I asked the bagger to watch my kids (figured he didn't know any better)  and I ran back into pay.  I couldn't believe that I didn't pay!!!  When the new guy had me pay he asked if my transaction had not gone through.  "No."  I said.  "I just walked out."  When I got back to my van the bagger was standing there with the empty cart and told me my kids had all climbed in the van(in the 100+ degree van).  He left.  I loaded my bag of ice in the van and buckled my kids into their car seats.  I drove to pick up two other kids and wondered if I was okay.  Should I laugh or cry?
-
I put a hair flower in Eden's hair and she ripped it out and threw it in the garbage.  She knows what the garbage is.  I cut some bangs on her the other day to keep her hair out of her face.
-
"Mom, do you wish all your kids were 'prefessional' obeyers?"  James asked me. 
"Yes!  I would love that!"
"Then you should pray for it!"  he responded.
-
We ate at school lunch this summer.  One day while we were sitting at our table I noticed James turn and point his two fingers at his eyes, then out in the crowd of tables filled with kids, and back towards his eyes again.  I asked him who he pointed to and it was a random boy.
-
When Wesley gets mad after getting in trouble he refuses to like anything.  Like, he doesn't like me, the new Burger King, Fat Cats, candy, or his favorite song "Stressed out". 
-
One day I asked Reagan if we should go give Dad a pie.  He heard, "Should we go give Dad up high?"
Then another day Brad asked Brian if he had seen "my pictures." (referring to his photos from EFY.)  Brian could not figure out who "Mike Itures" was.  ha ha
-
"Mom, I keep hicking up."  Wesley said.
-
While waiting at Brian's office, Welsey got a water bottle out of the fridge.  He told me the allstate man would let him drink it.  I asked who the allstate man was.  "He just sits right there and looks at people."  he said pointing to Joe's desk.  Joe works at Brian's office.
-
Rylan asked how much a gold medal was worth.
"A life time of hard work."  I replied.
"No. like how much money?  Reagan said if he got one he would just sell it.  He'd take the money and probably go to the Dollartree or something."
-
I was rocking Eden to sleep one night and she said to me, "I need a pillow."
-
Wesley's prayers sound something like this, "Please bless we can go to Fat Cat's.  Please bless we can go to Toads.  Please bless we can go to the new Burger King (He loves the screen games).  Please bless we won't have to go to the doctor ever again.  Please bless we won't have to go to the dentist ever again."
-
Reagan started this.  Every time he sneezes he sings, "Ahh choo de do do do do do do."
-
Brad is learning to drive.  SCARY.  I have been afraid for my life.  And now when he rides while I'm driving it is kind of like when he learned to tell time and would correct me that it was 9:57 NOT 10:00.  It's like that times 100.  "You're going 31 in a 30 zone!"  "You can't change lanes 100 feet from a railroad track!"  AHHH  Really he is doing well.  He is nervous and scared.  He overheard some others talking about falling asleep at the wheel and he said he couldn't imagine falling asleep at the wheel and then showed us all what he looks like while he drives.  White knuckles, stiff arms, and wide eyes.  ha!
-
"Mom, I know how you can say both girl and boy at the same time really fast.  Human.  or Person."  James told me."
-
I ate Zeppes.  Alone.  In a grocery store parking lot. 
-
We went to the mall to eat lunch.  I had been shopping with kids for shoes.  The lady at the Japanese food restaurant asked us if we wanted to sample her chicken.  She told us her special of the day.  We decided to order.  I was confused with the total $ and was trying to add it in my head.  I had a really hard time understanding her accent.  She kept asking if I wanted vegetables.  I finally told her I didn't understand.  Meanwhile, this entire time Reagan is pulling on my arm, "muuaahhum!  Maaauum!..."
 After I got things sorted out with the gal she asked me, "Some fing the matter wif yooh?!"
"I don't know!" I said.  "Maybe something is the matter with me!"
She had been so impatient with me and I had been so confused.  She said, "Maybe you too stress out wif you kids!"
Then I moved over to the side to wait for our food and asked Reagan what he needed. "Nevermind."
-
James ripped out a bunch of pages from a notebook to make a book.
-
We went into the world's largest Costco on Saturday.  Reagan and Rylan were with us.   They were amazed.  We saw a senior missionary couple walking in and Brian told the boys that they had been called to the SLC, Costco mission.  ha ha. 
Later when they were walking to the bathroom, they passed a wall with pictures of a bunch of employees.  Reagan asked Brian, "Have all those people gone missing?!"
-

Eden didn't want to walk up the stairs the other night when it was time for bed.  I tried to encourage her to go up on her own instead of me carrying her.  Then I told her I would come back for her after I put away all the things in my arms.  I went back down the stairs and she had not left the very spot she stood when I went up.  I came around the railing and she ran into my arms.  Halfway up the stairs she loosened up her tight hug grip around me and looked at me and said, "Thanks for coming."

0 comments: