Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Firsts and Lasts

D&C 101:16 Be still and know that I am God.


When Brad turned one, I was so sad.  I loved being mom to him as a little baby.  It was one of the very
best years of my life and I mourned when it was over.



Another chapter in Brad’s life is coming to a close. Brad is graduating and his mission papers are
submitted.  I surprisingly feel calm. I think because I know Brad
is so ready to face the next phase of life. I do worry and hope all
goes well for him, but I have confidence in him.  I feel like shouting, “Here we goooo!”


Some lasts:
Piano lessons
High School dances
Young Mens
School ffa projects


Some firsts:
Turning in mission papers
Taking mission prep class
Taking Temple prep class at church


I found this song by the Killers (they are my latest obsession) It really takes what is in my heart and put it into beautiful words that I would
want to tell Brad as he is getting ready to move on in his life.  I keep listening to it over and over and over.
It makes me cry.









0 comments: