Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day


Remembering back to my first Mother’s Day, when Brad was just a baby, it was such a new fun thing for me. I was excited to be a real mom on Mother’s Day. I loved being a young, new mom!


Thinking about my first Mother’s Day without Isaac and I remembered what a difficult day that was for me. I had Brad with me, but didn’t feel I could whole-heartedly celebrate Mother’s Day without having Isaac here with me too. It wasn’t complete. I felt emptiness.


Then, I was thinking about how I felt last year on Mother’s Day. I felt less than. I didn’t want to go to church and hear the talks about all the wonderful mothers. They just made me feel like I wasn’t doing enough. It was a day to point out all that I did wrong and how bad of a mother I was.


But now this year, my thoughts have changed again. I feel very grateful! I am grateful to be the mom of 5 super kids. I love them so much! They each have blessed my life so much and in different ways. Their spirits brighten mine. Their personalities are all unique and I love the variety in our house. I love to hear them laugh and see their smiles. I like to talk with them and hear them. I wish I could remember everything they say. I know someday I will miss having them young and at home with me. I cherish these days of my life and hope they last for a long time. My heart is FULL!

0 comments: