Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Reunion

We went to a Family reunion this last weekend.

This picture is so funny to me. Aubryn looking all super-modelish and Reagan giving me his super GQ smile to go along with her. I timed my snapshot just right with the breeze.

While on the trip Reagan was a crazy boy! Running away every chance he got. The baby was fussy most of the time. The drive home was looong and nearly drove us all bonkers. But we survived, barely. I am ready to stay home for awhile. I spent the day unpacking and doing laundry. I need a vacation from vacation.

On the hike that the previous picture was taken, Brian's 87 year old grandma hiked with the rest of us up to some ancient pictographs. I was amazed that she could do it. I was still in my church clothes and managed to hike in my high heels. But who can complain when she is walking a few steps ahead of you? On the way down grandma needed a break. She stopped for a minute and was standing to the side of the trail. Aubryn ran up to her and said, "I'm gunna beech you!!!!" and off she ran. And she did. She beat Grandma.Later that day we made another stop. I was helping Aubryn in an out house. I think this was her first experience in an out house. As she sat on the toilet, she pondered and looked around. She said, "This bathroom is crazy! It smells like PEA...nuts!!"

Like I said, Reagan did a lot of running. It was usually away from me and Brian. At one point he was running full speed for the road. We were both yelling stop and everyone could hear us it seemed, but Reagan. Brian ran and caught him. I ran up too and knelt down to talk to him. I tried to tell him that the road is dangerous and he could get hit by a car. Then I took his hand and we continued walking. He talked to me as we went, "The road is dangerous? A car could hit me?"
"Yes." I said. "And it could hurt you bad."
"The car could hit me? It could hit my finger off?"As we walked along one evening, Reagan was walking along side his 12 year old cousin, Jaren. Reagan looked at him and said, "I like you." He said it several times to Jaren. "I like you. I like you." It sounded like, "I wike you." Jaren just smiled at him. Reagan said it a few more times. I think he was expecting Jaren to say it back in return. But Jaren's smiles turned into giggles. Reagan said, "It's not funny." It's not funny. It's not funny." Each time he said it, he emphasized a different word of the phrase. It was funny.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: