Thursday, August 6, 2009

Potty Talk (TMI!!!)

Amidst the nonstop summer activities, I frequently talked about the potty with Reagan. But we were not ready to take the plunge. Last Tuesday Reagan took it upon himself to sit on the potty and he went! Wow. So I pulled out the underwear and he’s been fashioning it ever since. He really is fashioning it because usually it is all he is wearing.


I have been using lots of “P” words lately. Potty, pee pee, poop, and another one I won’t mention here but it is usually included in the phrase, “Point it down!” I can’t decide if I’m glad he knows that word or not. It was pretty embarrassing to have him mention it in the crowded Walmart restroom, that echoes.(have I ever told you that Reagan is loud?) But then, we were in Walmart, so.


Reagan really took off with this potty stuff. I was so proud of him. My heart was swollen with gratitude for the easy potty training experience I was living. It was all going great!


Then, the “hick-up”(as Brian put it). Reagan had a bad couple days. Lets just say the lunch ladies at school lunch were probably wondering who spilled the lemonade. And were did the lemonade come from? If it wasn’t so incredibly loud in the lunchroom they would have known it was Reagan when he announced, “I PEED IN MY UNDERWEAR!”(have I ever told you that Reagan is loud?) He made a similar announcement at a dinner at the church. He stood on the stage and everyone heard, “I POOPED IN MY UNDERWEAR!” That swelling in my heart was gone.


But today has been a victory. Dry underwear all day. Woo Hoo!

0 comments: