Monday, December 2, 2013


When I was a young woman at girls camp they had a testimony meeting around the fire.  They would go around so that everyone had to stand and share their testimony.  This was a hard thing for me.  I was quite reserved and nervous.  Plus the Spirit would make me cry.  A LOT.  (I can blame him, right?)  I think almost every year I would stand and ball.  I mean, I could not say a word.  One year I stood there for so long without one word coming out,  I finally sat back down.  I was so embarrassed!  Today in Relief Society I was asked to read the Relief Society Declaration.  I knew I was emotional before I started reading it, but it really got me crying.  I had flashbacks to girl's camp testimony meeting.  I couldn't speak.  I did pull it off in the end.  It is a powerful statement!  It is what being a woman is about.

There have been a few things that have been close to my heart lately.  First, I realized that just over a week ago was the five year anniversary to Brian's first Tonic Clonic seizure.  FIVE YEARS!  I am overwhelmed with gratitude as I think that we have moved past that traumatic episode into the future this far.  I thought I had lost him in that moment.  Then after months of testing and a devastating diagnosis, I thought losing him was eminent.  I honestly am so thankful he is still here by my side and fathering our  children who love him so much.  I do not take our time together for granted.

Second, this coming January is the ten year anniversary of Isaac's sudden death.   I never thought my world would move on without him.  It is surreal to think it has been that long and that our family has grown so much.  I miss him and my kids wish they could know him here.  I am also glad to have him on the other side looking out for us.  I think he is busy with his work, but I also feel he is invested to some degree in us.  He cares about his siblings.  I have seen Brad this year at school become a friend to special needs kids.  He truly has a gift with them.  I feel that has a large part to do with the impact Isaac had on his life at such a young age.

Third, this month Brian and I will celebrate our fifteenth wedding anniversary!  ONE. FIVE.  How wonderful is that!?  We have been blessed!! 

Fourth, I attended an amazing birth yesterday.  If there is anything as noble as a woman giving life and becoming a mother, I haven't seen it.  God has a plan for us, women.  Our role is divine and honorable.  Seeing a mother hold, love, cry, and talk to her new baby right after her perfectly designed body , with all it's force, birthed that life, is a powerful sight! 

0 comments: