Thursday, August 27, 2015

I needed to attend a Scout meeting after church one Sunday.  Brian was also at a meeting, so I was trying to think of who I could take with me to lessen the tending job for Brad.  I thought James would be able to come and he could sit and color by me.  I asked James if he wanted to come with me to my meeting.  He thought about it and did.  As he was eating, he was talking with Rylan and they were getting ready to play, so he told me so politely that he wanted me to video the meeting.  I wasn't sure why he wanted me to video the meeting.  He was trying so hard not to hurt my feelings when he told me he decided he would rather stay home and play.  He wanted me to video the meeting so he could still see what he would miss by not coming to my thing.  He thought was important to me, like a school play or something.  So sweet.  When I got home he asked me for the video to watch.
-
On Wesley's third birthday in May he was so excited to "blow out my candles!"  He would tell everyone.  I took him with me to the local grocery store, Lee's.  He told the cashier that he was going to blow out his candles.  They sang happy birthday to him over the PA.  He was looking all around at the ceiling while smiling.  He finally saw the guy who was singing at the customer service desk.  He was so happy about it.
-
My kids wrote letters to some U.S. servicemen to be mailed.  Rylan wrote his letter to the "ormemans".  (army mans)  Reagan told them that he liked their muscles.
-
On the forth of July we were in Idaho with family.  It was so fun!  I think Wesley ate too much junk and was spun one too many times on the giant swing because after dinner he did what he described as, "I hiccuped and it 'sploaded.'"
-
At dinner one Sunday after church Reagan asked Brad, "Do you remember going to nursery?"
Brad said, "no."
Wesley, who had just come from nursery, stood up and said loudly, "I DO! I DO! I DO!"
-
Back to school blessings had to be done in two phases!  Four on Sunday and four on Monday.

Wesley ALWAYS wants to be blessed during ANY prayer that is said in our family.  If you bless the food and forget to bless him then after the "amen" he whines, "BLESS WESLEY!"  So, then a second short prayer is said to bless Wesley.  Well, after Rylan received his back to school blessing and we all said amen, Wesley whined, "bless Wesley!"

James received his blessing on Sunday, but then when he saw us doing it again on Monday he wanted and received a second blessing.  That really bugged Wesley.  The injustice!

It was getting late and Eden still had not gotten her blessing yet.  The kids were tiered and Wesley was still crying over James' second blessing so we had them all go to bed.  Eden was fussy.  I decided to nurse her while she got her blessing.  She was contently eating while Brian spoke her blessing with his hands on her head.  Then he said something about her being able to ween. (I think I am having a hard time with the weening as much as Eden.  Feeling very sad to say goodbye to nursing forever.)  Anyway as these words left his lips she immediately unlatched looked up at him annoyed and tried to get his hands off of her head.  She wouldn't stop.  She did not want him to continue. It struck us both so funny, that we started laughing...hard.  Brian couldn't talk.  He finally finished up her blessing and then she went back to nursing.
-
My parents came for a visit a few weeks ago.  My dad brought Brad his tie flying "stuff".  Brad has really enjoyed figuring it out. We hope to take him to Idaho soon for some good fishing with Grandpa.  My Mom and Dad stayed in a hotel close by because Kristel and her family were coming the same weekend.  Anyway, my mom was telling us how she saw the maid in the hallway and told her she didn't need to clean their room.  I teased her saying that she probably cleaned the room and left it cleaner that the maid would have cleaned it.  My dad was nodding his head when she added, "Well, there's nothing else to do!"

0 comments: