Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Miracles

"Miracles were and are a response to faith." the Bible Dictionary tells us.  They encourage more faith.

Jesus raised people from the dead.
He healed the sick.
He fed 5000.

Today we still see many miracles.  We need to PRAY, have FAITH in JESUS CHRIST, and it must be GOD'S WILL.  Fasting and Priesthood blessings help us exercise faith for blessings and miracles we want or need.

My family has seen miracles!  I am thankful Jesus Christ is a God of miracles and that miracles have blessed my life.

Reagan was assigned to give a talk in Primary at church last Sunday on the topic, "Jesus is the Son of God and is a God of miracles."  That was the talk he gave.  It was a very timely talk.

We are coming up on seven years since Brian started having seizures.  We were told he had a brain tumor.  Prayers and fasting flowed.  He received two priesthood blessings.

Our neurosurgeon took Brian's case to a tumor board.  They all agreed that surgery was the best option.  As we sat there in the office and the doctor held a model brain, he described to us how "I will just lift up this part of the brain here and..."   I felt as though I floated to the top of the room and was looking down on the situation.  It seemed utterly UNREAL that this conversation was happening to US.  This had to be a dream, a nightmare!  This is something you only watch in the movies.  I was holding my baby and wondering what in the world was in store for our family.  The neurosurgeon finished his lengthy play-by-play of how this was all going to go down and asked us about scheduling.

Brian then asked, "What if we monitor it?"

The doctor stammered, not sure how to reply to that.  They went back and forth a bit and I was looking at Brian in disbelief!  He must be in denial!  "Are you sure you want to wait?!" I asked.  He was calm and sure.  There would be no surgery scheduled.  We left and scheduled to have an MRI in three months.

I immediately began to question Brian.  He did not second guess.  He was confident in his decision.  I was a mess.

Late one night after talking more about it, he fell asleep.  He never doubted his decision.  He told me that he had a blessing and felt strongly that he did not need surgery, at least not now.  He tried to help me feel more at peace with his decision.  He told me, "Everything is going to be okay, Anj.  We'll grow old together.  I promise."

I knelt down on my floor and really poured out my heart to God.  I cried.  I was so worried.  SO SO worried.  I cried to  Heavenly Father all of my concerns.  I was imagining the worst.  I remembered crying to the Lord for Isaac to be healed, but he was taken.  I knew that could happen again.  I prayed and prayed that Brian would be healed, if it was God's will.  In the depth of my "break down" (can't think of any other way to put it) as I was curled up on my floor by my bed sobbing, I felt a peaceful feeling engulf me, and I heard in my mind, "Everything will be okay."  I knew I needed to trust and fully support Brian.  I did not know how everything would be okay, but I knew it would.  If he died, everything would be okay.  If he chose a difficult treatment, everything would be okay.  If he chose surgery, everything would be okay.  If he chose nothing, everything would be okay.

As months went on and MRI's went from three month intervals, to six month intervals, and eventually to yearly events, I have marveled at the results EACH TIME.  No change.  Every time.  Last week Brian got yet another MRI and the report came back with the final results saying once again two simple yet amazing words, no change.





0 comments: