Sunday, October 15, 2017

It's Autumn time!

 After church today the kids dispersed among the leaves, raking, sweeping, and piling them up.  They were like bees in a beehive.  No one talked, they just worked.  Then Reagan found the blower. He and Rylan blew the pile at them all.  They squealed and ran around laughing.





 I took this picture of Rylan to mark the first day of a new step in his life.  Rylan took his first pill this morning (like a champ!).  The pill is to help his heart not work so hard.  His check up with the cardiologist showed an enlarged aorta.  Brian gave him a blessing this morning.  He will be on medication indefinitely.
 I've been putting this chalkboard sign in young women's yards on their birthday.  I love doing it and hope it makes them feel special.

 beautiful fall!
 Brad's LAST harvest load of pumpkins!!!  He's been working SUPER hard harvesting and selling.  I have not had to pick one pumpkin this year.  His siblings have been helping.
 Headed home from "the lady's house".  My three youngest LOVE to go two doors down and ring the doorbell.  She always has something for them.  Candy, stuffed animals, books, games, etc.  "Can we go to the lady's house?!!" is something I hear everyday.
A couple days ago Eden asked me if she could go to the lady's house.  "Maybe." She'd ask again. "Probably."  I just have a hard time allowing them to go there all the time.  She persisted in asking.  My answers progressed to, "Sure."
Then she said, "Say yes."
"Yes." I said.
"Say yes louder!"She insisted.
"YES! I shouted.  She was thrilled and ran out the door.



 Eating pretzel bites at the mall.
 Kids all got a shot.  I feel so conflicted about shots.  We did this one all together.





 She is the teacher.  I am the kid.


 chili dogs for dinner.  Looked so gross I had to take a picture.
 Love it when I have these moments.
 At Spencer's baptism there were lots of little boys dressed in white.
 Bishop teaching us great things.  Tried to get a picture after the prayer of the board.
 sign at our door.
 I asked him if he would hold my sunglasses while I shopped because they kept falling on the ground.  I got a kick out him when I looked over and saw him wearing them.
 LOTS of giggling going on here.
 Eden often pulls her panties all the way down and THEN walks to the bathroom.
 Someone smashed several pumpkins. sad.















 Brad and Ryan Shupe.  They had a concert at the High School for Hope week and Brad got to introduce the band.  He also joined them for the prayer back stage before the show.  Brad is president of Hope Squad.

 Pledging to not text while driving at Brad's high school during hope week. Pretty fun!
 Just takes a thump print.






 reading on the couch.
 I've been trying to make little papers of quotes.  If I feel someone needs one, I drop in and deliver it.












 Reagan drew this during sacrament meeting.
 I just thought she was cute eating cream of wheat and toast.
 "Look scared"  I said.
 That pumpkin is 61 lbs!!




 that is the 61 pounder!

 Ready for school.
 First dollars made selling pumpkins!  WOO HOO
 We went to an Epilepsy Foundation of Utah run.  Brian and his siblings were sponsors and raised $5000 for the foundation.  They do great things.  I have to admit that, surprisingly,  attending this even was emotionally harder for me than I anticipated.  It was well organized and a great event.







 Excited for friends to come!
 James is seven!!

 Homecoming parade!  Brad walked with the hope squad.  The Hope Squad is suicide awareness.
 SOO excited for the approaching parade!!!
My floor on a random day.

0 comments: