Sunday, November 19, 2017

The Lord knows us. He is invested in our lives.

When I was a senior in high school I was deciding where to go to college.  There was a college day at my high school where representatives from several colleges came to talk to students.  I went into a classroom and was the only student to talk to a representative from the LDS Business College.  Later, I ended up taking a trip to tour the school and applied there.  I was very drawn there.

All my siblings went to Ricks College. I always assumed I would go there as well. I had always planned to go there.  My dad had applied for a job there and he was waiting unusually long to hear back. If he got the job, I would get free tuition. I was trying to decide between the two schools.

I decided to go to LDSBC.  I replied to them.  I felt content with my decision.  My dad got a call the next day that he got the job at Ricks. I never second guessed.

August after graduation from high school and at barely 18 years old, I packed up and moved 3 hours away from my home in Idaho to downtown Salt Lake City.  My parents doubted I’d last.  I was painfully shy.  I walked the halls of high school with my head down so I wouldn’t have to say hi to anyone.  

The experience I had in Salt Lake City changed me and my life.  I loved it there.  I made amazing friends.  I really learned who I was and gained confidence.  I created my own name.  People knew me for me, not my dad or other family members.  I grew leaps and bounds.  It really was a great move for me and prepared me for my future.  It changed the direction of my life.  I eventually met my husband living in salt lake. I was supposed to be there. I know it.

One day at the College I was talking with the Dean of Students.  He asked me why I came to LDSBC.  I told him about always planning to go to Ricks and about my dad’s job, but then deciding to go here. He asked me why I came to ldsbc. He asked how I had heard about the school.  I told him about the representative that visited my high school. “What high school did you attend?” He asked and also wanted to know what year I graduated. I told him. He swore they never sent a representative to Idaho falls high school that year. He said, “I would have sent him myself!” I described the man to him. He had no idea who he was.

0 comments: