Sunday, January 11, 2009

Anniversary of Isaac's Death

We went to Hawaii January 2004. The second night after we got home was the night Isaac flew back to heaven. These photos are from that trip.
Isaac by the pool
Isaac at the beach
Going for a walk


Today is the anniversary of Isaac’s death. It has been 5 years today. There is not much to say about it, other than to acknowledge it. It was a sad day! It was a cold Sunday morning similar to today. Except now we are in a new home and new sun rays are shining through new windows. Life has gone on without him here with us. Something I never could imagine. We still miss him! He was/is a huge blessing to us, even for the short time we had here together. He spoke without speaking. He impacted my life in a way no other person has. He was one of the greatest teachers in my life, yet he was so small, so limited, by many standards. But that is what made his impression bigger. I look forward to being with him again!!

8 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful photos. Thinking of you guys today!

Jenny said...

What a wonderful tribute. Hearing about him has (and continues to) teach me, too. Thanks for sharing him.

Mark and Hillari Cragun said...

I loved the photo's. I think of him often and what a great and strong spirit he had. We love you guys.

Hillari

Jamie said...

He is your little guardian angel. My thoughts are with you guys!

Angela said...

Thanks for sharing your feelings about today, Anjie. You have a beautiful way of putting your thoughts into words. You've helped me think about what is most important to me and put new perspective on life.

Kar said...

I just get so sad every time I think of your little Isaac and what you had to go through in losing him. You have such a good attitude. I need to read the blog you kept about him and the details on his health problems. What precious pictures you have of him.

Heidi said...

What precious times seeing him on the beach! What a blessing and what comfort Heavenly Fathers plan gives us to know we will be with our loved ones again. I just taught Sharing time on Sunday about that plan and what a joyous day it will be when we are re-united with our loved ones. I will be jumping for joy to see my dad again. Thanks for sharing!

Drama Momma said...

I can't believe it has been five years. I remember Isaac, I noticed his pictures in the house today. I thought it was very close to the day. That is a great tribute.

I know you felt blessed to be his mother, he was blessed to be your son.

I love you and your family.

Love, thoughts and prayers.