Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Bed

We bought a new bed! After many achy mornings, I was so excited to fall asleep on my new bed. It should be like sleeping on clouds! The first morning we woke up and Brian’s back hurt. OH NO! I have to admit that this new bed hasn’t been all it was cracked up to be. I think the sales man used some of his greatest lines on me. “You won’t regret buying this bed. It is their world class series!” Who can argue with that?

Maybe it just takes some getting used to. I feel like I’m sinking in and making a permanent mold of my back side. I could jump out and my kids could fill it with play dough. “Look, we made a life size mom back side!”

The bed is about a foot higher than my old bed. This takes some getting used too, especially for my kids. This morning when Reagan woke up he came in our room, I didn’t see him come in. He came to the foot of the bed and started climbing. I felt like I was on the top of a cliff and he was climbing up the side. The top of his head showed, an arm reached up, then a leg swung over. Slowly, I saw him emerge.

What in the world class?!

5 comments:

Angela said...

World class, huh? Sounds fancy! Once a sales guy at RC Willey said they wouldn't accept returns on matresses until after 30 days because it sometimes takes the body that long to adjust. So maybe it will get better soon. (hopefully-)

Mark and Hillari Cragun said...

I want a new bed and now you made me scared. I can't even sleep next to mark because our bed has two body indents in it and if I lay next to mark i am about six inches higher then him. It's kind of funny.

Julianne said...

That's funny...we almost bought a new bed last week at Costco. The beds were stacked so high that Ben had to boost me on top to see if it was cozy. I hope it turns out to be all it was supposed to be.

Jenny said...

Hopefully your bed gets better! I would love to have project night. I need to come up with a project though. :) I work this Thursday, but not another Thursday for 4 weeks. Let me know what you decide.

Shaylee and Aubryn were so cute together today. They need to get together again. It is nice for Shaylee to have a friend her age to play with.

Kar said...

I hope Ang is right. I know how hard it is for my body to adjust to a new pillow. I hardly ever get new pillows, because it seriously ruins my neck and I have to go to a chiropractor for a few weeks afterward.