Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Reagan


This morning I heard Reagan scooting the stool over to the counter. As his mother, I read his mind. I knew he was planning to get some of the tootsie rolls sent to him by his Grandma (thank you). But it was a little early for candy. So I said from the top of the stairs, "Reagan, no candy."

"Oh-tay." he said. Then he came to the bottom of the stairs and said, "Mom, you doe away. (go away)" He often asks me to leave when there is something he wants to do that he knows he shouldn't. I wouldn't leave and he was getting really upset. I sat on the stairs. I tried to lighten his mood and change the subject. But he was persistant that I leave. I began singing. I am not a good singer and I could tell I was really getting on his nerves. Especially because I was singing, "No. no. no."

"Mom! Stop singing no no no!"

"Yes. yes. yes." was my next song.

Mom! Stop singing yes yes yes!"

"Maybe. maybe. maybe."

"Mom! Stop singing may-be be be!"

So I sat on the stairs and frowned.

"Mom! Stop singing [big frown on his face]!"
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: