Friday, April 16, 2010

Yard Sale Find!

I love to go to yard sales! You never know what you will find. Today I found an Indian. Not an object. A REAL LIVE INDIAN! He was dressed head to toe in authentic Indian apperal. He Had long hair with it wrapped into two long pigtails coming down over each shoulder. I wasn’t sure if he had any pants on, so I didn’t look close. There was some kind of leather thing covering his legs, but there was a lot of skin.

We pulled up to the house and there was a sign that the sale was inside. I am leary of those. I don’t like walking into strange people’s homes. I think the fear goes back to a few years ago when I had Brad with me at an "indoor yard sale". We walked up to the front door, opened the door, took one step in, and high-tailed it out of there as fast as we could. There in the living room stood a young man dressed in all black with a trench coat on and his hands in his pockets (He looked very similar to the Columbine shooters). He had no expression. There laying on tables around the room where swords, knives, guns, weapons of all kinds. What a perfect plan! Lure them in with yard sale signs, then kill them all!!

So, I was hesitant to walk into the "indoor yard sale" today. I opened the door real slow and tried to see what kind of situation I would walk into. The living room was full of old stuff. REALLY OLD STUFF. There sat an old harmless man. So I walked through the door. When I stepped in I scanned to the left. There sat an old Indian just hanging out at the indoor yard sale. I tried not to stare or look surprized. I just said hello. (Brian asked why I didn’t say, "How!") I wandered around for a minute, then left.

I went to the car and told Brian he had to go in there! He took the kids in so they could see the Indian. They were excited to go in. Brian told them not to talk inside to prevent any , "HEY! Look at the Indian!" type moments. So in they went! A few minutes later, out they came. Aubryn was holding a blow up birthday cake. When they got to the car Brian asked Aubryn, "How much did you pay him for the birthday cake?"

"Nothing." She replied. "He gave it to me."

Brian said, "Well, I hope he’s not an Indian giver."

0 comments: