Friday, April 1, 2011

Conversation with Rude Telemarketer:

Me:  Hello?
Rude man:  Hello.  It's nice to hear a cheerful voice.  I get a few of those, you know what I mean.
Me:  Uh huh.
Rude man:  I'm calling with the firefighters for children burn victums...blah blah blah.
Me: [reading facebook]
Rude man:  M'am?
Me: Uh huh.
Rude man:  Great!  Would you like to contribute $150, $100, $70 etc....
Me:  Oh, I don't want to give any money.
Rude man:  But you just commited to me that you would!
Me:  Oh, I'm sorry.  I wasn't listening.
Rude man:  You weren't listening!?  Don't you want to support children who have been burn victims?
Me:  I don't want to give any money.
Rude man:  I'm not asking for your money.  I'm asking for your support!  How would you feel if one of your children was victim of a horrible burn?  Wouldn't you want the community's support?!
Me:  I don't want to commit to giving any money today.
Rude man:  Well, thanks for wasting my time!

0 comments: