Wednesday, January 7, 2015

I ordered some stuff for Aubryn for Christmas and it still hasn't come.  I ordered it in November.  I am starting to think it is not coming.  I went to get the mail tonight and there was a small package!  Woo hoo!  It was dark and so I hurried home to open the mail.  I looked at the package and it was addressed to Mr. Brad Hawks.  "Woo Hoo!" Said Brad as I handed it to him.  He was happy that some coins he ordered had come!  I gave him a hard time and told him how I still didn't understand why he pays money that he can use to buy things, for money that he cannot use to buy things.  I was teasing him a bit and he was just so excited about his coins that he was grinning and admiring his new coins.  They are not in circulation!  They have never been touched by human hands!  Then he said, "And look!  I got a picture books of coins to look at!"
I said, "They are called catalogs and they are to make you want to buy more coins."
He said, "I know.  I just didn't want you to know that."
-
When I picked up Reagan from basketball practice he jumped into the van and said, "I'm starving!  That is why I couldn't make any scores.  My tummy was so hungry!"
-
When I went into the school gym to get Reagan from practice there was a coach with a team of 6 year olds practicing.  The couch hollered at a boy who froze with the football in his hands.  "Where are you going!?  We aren't playing defense!  Why are you going that way?  We are all at this end playing offense!  Why are you going that way?!"
The little boy stood there with big eyes holding the ball.  Poor kid.
-
Rylan had his first basketball game yesterday.  He is really good at keeping his hands up. All the time.  He shuffles his feet back and forth.  All the time.  He also hangs out at the 3 point line.  All the time.  There were two times that the ball was passed to him.  The first time he tossed it right back to the kid like it was a hot potato and resumed his original routine.  The second time he held it for a bit longer while shuffling his feet back and forth.  The officials were nice to not call a travel.  Then he finally threw it to someone.  It was cute to watch him.  He was nervous to participate, so I was glad he got out there!
After the game he was getting a drink at the drinking fountain when his coach walked by.  I said, "Thanks for coaching!"
He asked, pointing at Rylan, "Is he yours?"
"Yes."
"Oh, he'll get better."
Nice.  Thanks for that.

0 comments: