Tuesday, January 13, 2015

James Graduated From Speech!

(Sorry for the poor video quality)

James Graduated from Speech Preschool!  Woo HOO!  He worked very hard and we are so proud of him.  He is where he should be for his stage of development.  In the speech preschool he is in, they do not work on /th/ and /r/ except for at the beginning of words, which James can do.  He is where he needs to be.  He still needs to learn to use the /r/ sound throughout words and the /th/ sound.  Right now it usually sounds like an /f/.  I know he will figure it out and we will continue to work on these things at home.

Today with Teacher Sarah
I wish I had a picture of him with Teacher Jami who was honestly, the biggest blessing ever in James' speech development.

He is such a bright, hard working boy.  He is always willing and wanting to help me.  At the store today he was telling me how good he was as he walked along with me.  "...and I like to make my bed, and I like to make your bed, and I like to make everyone's bed!..."  The gal standing next to me giggled at all the nice things he had to say about himself.  He really is a good boy.  He LOVES to help me in the kitchen.  He is always so sweet with Eden.  Last night he went with Brian and I to fill up the van with gas.  He had all kinds of questions about it (Where the gas was, how it got in the van, where it would stay in the van, etc) so we finally got him out and showed him how to pump the gas and let him do it.  He loved it.  He loves to write me cards with random letters written on them.  He also likes to draw "treasure maps" and go on treasure hunts.  He has such a big imagination.

Today he said to me, "Mom, did you know that all kids love Jesus?"
"True." I said.  Then I wondered out loud why all grown ups don't love Jesus.
He responded, "Will you come with me to my class on Sunday and hear the songs we sing?  They all sing about Jesus."

For Family Home Evening last night we had a party for James.  He walked with my graduation cap and received a diploma.  We listened to his favorite songs and played a game he picked out (bingo!).  He loved it!

HERE IS A LINK to me talking about James' speech about 6 months ago.

0 comments: