Tuesday, January 5, 2016

He Did Not Hesitate part 1

Sunday mornings are busy when you are trying to get several kids ready for church.  When Rylan was a crawling baby, it was one of those Sunday mornings.  We were upstairs bathing kids.  At this point in Rylan's life he could crawl, so when we were upstairs we would keep him in our bedroom with the door shut tight.  Close to the entrance to our bedroom is a staircase with sixteen steps and at the bottom is hardwood flooring.

I had just gotten Rylan out of the tub, put a diaper on him, and set him on the floor.  Brian was shaving in the bathroom.  I ran out of the room to go get Rylan some clothes to wear.  As I leaned over the dresser I thought, "Go check on Rylan." 

"I shut the door."  I thought to myself.  "I always do."

Again, "Go check on Rylan."

"I will, I'll just hurry and grab these clothes first..." I reasoned.

Then I heard RUNNING.  Running.  I knew I had waited too long and I began to run back to the room.  I arrived to see Brian barely grab Rylan at the top of the staircase.

"I knew it! I knew I should have come!"  I was so disappointed in myself!  I was also so relieved that Brian went.  I asked him what happened.

"I was shaving and thought, 'I should check on Rylan.' So, I ran."


What a powerful statement that was to me.  He heard and not only acted immediately, but he RAN.  I am so thankful that he did.

0 comments: