Monday, May 2, 2016

Aubryn's Owie

Friday Aubeyn fell in the road riding her rip stick. She landed on her elbow.  She came crying into me.  She had scraped her elbow pretty deep through her shirt.  I checked it and bandaged it up.  It hurt her pretty bad and it was hard for her to bend her elbow.

 Saturday she really complained and whined about her elbow.  I finally decided to take her in to get an x-ray.  She didn't want to move it at all.  It had developed a little bruising.  No swelling.  I wasn't sure.
 Here she is waiting for an x-ray.
 Getting her x-rays.

I looked over at the screen and when I saw the picture I thought, "Good grief!  She broke off the tip of her elbow and I waited a day to take her in!"

We went back to the exam room and waited for the doctor.  He walked in and said everything looked fine and there was NO BREAK.  Turns out that is a growth plate.  It had me fooled!  They gave her a sling and sent us on our way.  Glad she is okay.

0 comments: