Sunday, May 8, 2016

James referred to Aubryn's diary as her diarrhea.
-
Rylan came with me to get my temple recommend at the stake president's office.  He sat on the couch next to me as I waited my turn to be interviewed.  He was coloring.  The stake president came over and shook his hand.  Later I over heard Rylan say to Reagan, "Reagan!  The stake president shook my hand! Then he said, 'Wow, you are going to town.'"
-
Reagan and Rylan did a basketball camp for three days after school.  I paid $25 each.  My boys are really obsessed with money.  On the way home on the last day Rylan said, "I know what they spent all their money on.  Titsie Rolls!" (I can't get him to say Tootsie Roll for the life of me!)
-
When we pulled up to a house of one of Brian's insured, Brian asked if we wanted to come in with him.  James asked, "Are there ninjas in there?"
-
Rylan had the "hikky yippy ups."
-
I was rocking Eden one night and asked her what we would do the next day.  She said, "Daddy. Watch. TV. Stairs."  I think that was kind of a first sentence!
-
When I pushed the shopping cart from the store to the van with James, Wesley, and Eden in the cart they said, "We're the groceries!"  So when I picked each one up and loaded them in the van I pretended to eat them.  They all tasted like different foods.  I said Eden tasted like ice cream and Wesley said, "She's going to melt!"
-
As we were driving one day, James told me he was sad.  I asked, "What are you thinking about?"
He said, "Isaac.  I know HOW he died.  I just don't know WHY he died."
-
I told the little boys one day that before they could play on the computer they needed to write their names.  Then James told me that before I could get on the computer that I needed to sew my name.
-
With the proposed school boundary change (Which didn't pass.  The kids will stay at their same school.) Aubryn expressed to me that she hoped to go to the new school.  I asked he why and she said, "So my diary would have an interesting story."
-
After watching the church's videos on the Sabbath, we asked Rylan what he heard or learned.  The ONLY thing we could get out of him was, "If you're sweaty, get up and get a drink of water."
-
Reagan was sad when he was not allowed to go see a movie that had a low rating.  He wanted to go so bad and I felt bad too.  So I tried to give him a hug.  He was a little resistant turning his head and cutting it short.  I tried again.  Same reaction.  I asked him why he didn't want me to hug him.  He said, "I'm just not in the mood for that."
-
It was Wesley's long awaited fourth birthday on Thursday.  He has wanted to be four for sooo long.  Most of the time when he was three he would say he was four and would not admit that he was three. He would get mad if you said he was three.  On the big day we were all excited to see him be four!  He said he was not four.  He thought when he ate his cake, then he would be four.  After dinner he scarfed his cake down with both hands shoveling it into his mouth. He had big eyes and looked excited.  I wondered what he expected to happen.  Then he hopped down from the table and ran to the measuring ruler on the wall to see how tall he was.  3 1/2 feet tall.  He hung his head low and walked away saying, "I'm not even four years old."  He is still saying he is three and will not believe any of us.  I feel sad for him.  He is so disappointed.
-
Brad was in an interfaith choir for the national day of prayer.  We attended the performance.  We ended up sitting in the cry room to watch it.  James was sitting by a lady and then ended up on her lap.  He makes friends wherever he goes.  He is very friendly!  I overheard him talking to her and he said, "Do you know what my name is?  James.  My mom wanted to name me Parker, but she named me James.  Do you know what I really want my name to be?  Mohawk!  I like Mohawk.  It is an Indian name."
She replied, "I'll call you Mohawk."
Brian said she asked him when his birthday was.  He told her, "I don't know.  My parents won't tell me."
Another time I was with him and someone asked him when his birthday was and he told them Wesley's birthday.

0 comments: