Sunday, July 9, 2017

Random Silliness

Someone asked me if Reagan (10) was my brother.  That made me feel great, but at the same time it was the cashier at the D.I. who asked.
-
While driving in the van the song came on, "Mony, Mony!  Like a Pony!"  When we got out of the car James said, " That song is crazy!  It's my favorite!"
-
"Mom, want to know why I don't call you 'mother'?" James asked me.
"Sure." I said.
"Because it sounds weird."
-
I walked out in the back yard and looked at the hammock hanging in the shade.  "Ohhh, that hammock is calling my name!" I said.
"Is it really?" Rylan asked.
-
After Brian and I returned from Mexico, James asked me why we don't all go on vacation together.  I told him we were going to Idaho soon.  "We always go to Idaho." He replied. "Like, New York.  I want to see the "alfle" Tower and the Statue of Liberty."
-
I bought a pitching net for the boys at a yard sale.  Reagan and Rylan were throwing pitches into it and Reagan threw one out of the pitch zone.  "That would be a perfect ball!" Rylan said to Reagan.
"Thanks, sheesh, Rylan!"  Reagan replied.
-
"It's so hot out here." Wesley said to Aubryn as they walked down the street on a hot day. "Prolly cus it's Sunday."
-
I was prompting Eden through her prayers.  I said, "I thank thee for Jesus." assuming she would repeat me.
She said, "Thank thee for my Jesus."
Then I said, "Please help me to sleep well tonight.
She repeated, "Please help mom to sleep well tonight."
-
I was trying to get Eden down for a nap one afternoon.  She was not interested.  "Can I watch Tinker Bell?" She asked me.  She wouldn't take no as an answer.
"Eden we need to close our eyes for a little bit, then you can watch Tinker Bell." I said.
She sat straight up. "But if I shut my eyes, I can't see the Tinker Bell!"

0 comments: