Sunday, August 20, 2017

August stuff

Since getting home, I have been trying to get everyone ready for school.  It's been a little crazy and Eden has been paying me back for leaving her.  Lots of school shopping, laundry, back to school orientations and back to school nights.  Powerful Birth Group. Plus my fist time going to Young Women's.  I just got called to be the secretary of that organization in church.  Quite a change from cub scouts!  And we are trying to decide if we go to the eclipse if we can get home in time for school.  I'm really only super concerned about Aubryn getting to Jr. high the first day and Wesley's assessment early Tuesday morning.
 Swimming at North Shore
 Wearing my Eclipse glasses that I bought on a street corner for $4.  We have had a hard time getting some!  We are hoping to make it to Idaho to see the Eclipse!  School starts the next day and we hear it will be hard to leave town.
 Going through my thread.

 Found this bag at Ross and think it is what I need for my next carry-on bag on the plane.
 Finally got that STUBBORN tooth out!  The new one came in behind it several months ago.
 Family Home Evening.  Talking about our LEGACY.  After Pioneer Day and visiting Boston it got me thinking.  Someone shared in her testimony that she was grateful for everything her ancestors did for her.  Then, while touring Boston, the guide said that Paul Revere was worried about his Legacy more than the others.  Are we aware that what we do each day effects others far ahead of us?  Do we care about what our name will stand for someday.  We discussed qualities that people who leave a great legacy have or qualities we hope to have.
 Harvesting Sunflower seeds.





0 comments: