Sunday, August 20, 2017

Boston!

 Old North Bridge where the shot was heard round the world.

 Joseph Smith's birth place

 Nuttle Light House in York, Maine.

 I LOVE "Live free or die"
 New Hampshire coast along the Atlantic
 Salem Massachusetts.

 During dinner cruise


 George Washington Monument
 Brownstone homes.
 Sight of Boston Massacre.
 Window that the Declaration of Independence was read to the people of Boston.

 Bunker Hill

 End of the Freedom trail

 Gray is added land to Boston.
 Gala night!  Rod Stewart was the entertainment.




 Sitting in the balcony
 during dinner
 Fenway Park! Press box to the dugout!

 Impossible dream team of 67.







 Steps on Monday the 7th of August.
 Cannoli's.
 Old north Church
 Paul Revere Monument
 Paul Revere's house
 Following the Freedom Trail.
 Cobblestone roads
 Sam Adam's grave
 James Ottis' grave.  "No taxation without representation!" A GREAT tour guide!
 Paul Revere's grave
Ben Franklin's church.
For ALL PHOTOS AND VIDEOS, CLICK HERE.
There is so much to see in Boston and we had some great experiences!  I loved the Freedom Trail!!
One of the highlight of this trip was seeing my cousin!  We have not seen each other since BEFORE 1982.  I had to be 3 or 4 years old.  It was great!  I met his wife, Julie, and two of his daughters, Isabella and Sammy.  I really enjoyed visiting with them all.  We attended his ward church meeting and at lunch together after.  I hope we can see more of each other.

We talked with a guy in Boston Commons for a while on Thursday.  He was holding a sign that said, "I'm listening."  He reached out to Brian and asked him about his shirt.  He asked questions about us and said he felt everyone had a story.  "What's your story?"  he asked us.  Brian told him we have eight kids and then we told him one died.  We talked and then Brian said, "I have a brain tumor."  
"Tell me about that." he responded.  As we talked I thought that I should share my testimony.  After all that is a huge part of my story.  So I told him how the Savior had really sustained us during our lives and such.  I started to cry as I talked.  Then he asked if he could pray fro Brian.  In the middle of Boston Commons this man, Paul, put his hand on Brian and prayed for him.  It was not what we had planned when we headed out for the day!

Rod Stewart is getting old.  He moves pretty stiffly.  His hair looks less like a rocker hairdo and more like bedhead.  But his ensemble was great!

I loved learning about the Son's of Liberty, Founding Father's, minute men, those who fought, and so much more.  I really appreciate people who have GUTS!  




0 comments: