Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Doorbell

When the doorbell rings at our house there is a stampede!!! I wonder what it sounds like on the other side of the the door for whoever is waiting. Last week the doorbell rang and they all began running and yelling, "I'll get it!!" Then Aubryn tripped over my foot and landed on her face. Brad yelled, "It's not my fault!" When we arrived at the door Aubyrn's lip was bleeding. (She still wanted to be the first one there.) I wonered who would be on the other side. I smile and open the door, "hello!" I was relieved it was just some scouts. Nothing to embarrasing.
Last night I had a meeting at my home. The kids were so excited about it! I was making an April Fool's dessert. (It looked like sushi but was rice crispy treats wrapped in fruit roll up) I could hear Brad and Aubryn talking and discussing their plan when people started coming. Brad told Aubryn that she could open the door. She was thrilled. I was suprised! Then he said, "I'll start playing the piano!"

2 comments:

Kar said...

That is so funny! Cute April Fool's treat idea!

Jenny said...

oh how funny. i'd like to be on the other side of the door, too, to see what it sounds like. what cute kids.