Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Happy

I took Reagan to the doctor this morning and we got to wait in the "well child" room. It was so exciting! I think this is only the second time I've taken him to the doctor when he did not need his oxygen stats tested! We weaned him off his reflux medicines about a month ago. We wanted to see how he would do. He got a bad cough right away. Bad timing! Was it the reflux or was he sick? We have waited it out and the cough went away. He was sick. When the Doc listened to his lungs today she said he sounded better than he EVER HAS!!!!!!!! Yipee!!!!!!! You have no idea how happy I am about this. We were really hoping and praying he would be able to outgrow his bad silent reflux that has caused ongoing wheezing and damaged his lungs. (He also had a bad respiratory virus when he was an infant that damaged his lungs. He was in the hospital with it. The combination made for ongoing problems. A simple cold is NEVER simple.) Reagan is so funny. He really is scared of any place that looks like a doctor's office.(I don't blame him!!) We kept giving him suckers at the appointment to try to keep him happy. When we said it was time to go he was so happy and was wanting to get dressed. We put everything on but his pants because we knew they were coming back in to give him a shot. He kept hitting and rubbing his legs. He wanted his pants on. He was getting frustrated with us putting the pants on our heads and arms and such. So finally he headed out without them on.
Aubryn also got a shot while we were there. I told her when we got home she could choose a prize from the cupboard for being a good girl today. I was SO SURPRISED when she chose to pick something for Brad instead of herself. (I think Brad was too!) After she did that I told her, "Aubryn, that was so nice of you!" She nodded her head and smiled, "I'm nice." The thing is this is only the second time she has been able to get a prize. Brad has about 4-5 times. He understands consequences better than Aubryn. She understands them if they are immediate. But, maybe she understands more than I think.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

what a sweet sister aubryn is. i love how these little kids are able to be generous.

hurray for reagan being healthy! i hope it will be the first of many healthy dr. visits.

your dad had the connections to help spencer get his job at byu, which led to the nfl job, so we need to give him a "thank you." :)

Kar said...

Poor Reagan. I knew he had health problems, but I didn't know what. That is interesting - the "prize cupboard." What kind of prizes do you put in it? I need to take my kids to the doc. They both need shots, Dylan's allergy problems aren't getting better, and I have a sneaking suspicion that Sadie has a UTI. Sigh. Hooray for co-pays!!