Friday, May 30, 2008

Girls night out

Brian took the boys to a father & son's activity. So Aubryn and I ran some errands.
First stop, The midwife. Had the pleasure of peeing in a cup. And the real pleasure of hearing the baby's heart beat. She was feeling my tummy and we could totally grab hold of some part between two fingers. I think it was his little bumb. Kind of cool.
Next, we went to dinner. Just the two of us. I took her to an old home town cafe/diner were they make real mashed potatoes and such. Aubryn chose to sit at the counter. Midway through our dinner she told me she needed to use the bathroom. I told the waitress and asked her not to clear our food. This is a small resturaunt and I thought we'd be quick so I didn't lock the door. While Aubryn was sitting on the potty with her head between my legs and I am standing in front of her with tissue ready to wipe, the waitress walks in. It was a bit embarrassing. But what made up for it was that the next time the waitress came to check on us she gave us each a free dessert. Cool.
Well we made a couple more stops to get father's day gifts and some groceries. (I only needed a few items and walked out with a cart full!) I had a good time with Aubryn. Now we're home. She's sound asleep. It is quiet, for now. Ahh. (I am anxious for them to get back. I miss my boys!)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

hope the boys had fun on their night out! sounds like the girls did! our boys didn't get a night together this year. bentley had really been looking forward to it . . .

Anonymous said...

That sounds nice! My boys were sick so Heston did a "father's and son's" at home!!
Did your boys have a good time?

Kar said...

Isn't it funny how much you miss them, when they're only gone for an hour or two?