Wednesday, July 2, 2008

AHHH!!! It's all GONE!

So, I recently bought this new computer. I had the "computer guy" load everything from my old laptop on the new one. It was great. Then when I tried to load my old software including the program for my computer to recognize my printer, non of it was compatible with the new windows vista. Are you following? So we called the computer guy and he said he could load XP on and take vista off. Great, then I can load my programs. So we took it in and picked it up yesterday. Last night I noticed none of my pictures were on the computer. I looked around and nothing is there. No pictures, word documents, print shop designs, music, videos, and movies I've made. Gone. I wasn't too worried. Brian just called and asked him if he can put it all back on the new laptop again. This is what I hear, "Okay....sure...That sounds great...Thanks, Guy's name." He hangs up and says to me, "It's all gone." WHAT? Call him back, I want to talk to him! I hit redial and he answers. I said, "Are you serious!? All my stuff is gone?!" And it is. It's gone. I'm a bit upset and trying to not freak out. All my music, pictures, Isaac pictures---- AHHHhh! Wahhh! I do have most of my older pictures backed up on disks. But not recent. I'm so sad.

3 comments:

Kar said...

Oh, girl, I feel your pain. This happened to us, too, a couple of months before Ben's graduation, and our external drive had all of Ben's Master's Thesis on it. Ben still needed all of his renderings and his book that he was writing for his thesis, obviously, so we sent it to some place in Texas and some computer whiz guy retrieved most of our pictures, Ben's stuff, etc. It cost a pretty penny - $600. It was totally worth it to us to retrieve that stuff, though. If you are as desperate as we are, and you want the phone number of the Texas place, I'm sure we could dig it up. Just let me know.

Drama Momma said...

I am so sorry! I know how this feels. Well, except for the losing pictures of Isaac. I think that might send me to the looney bin. I have lost several years of digital only photos, bithdays and christmas and easters. Gone. I feel for you.

Anonymous said...

That is so terrible!!
I would cry for sure! I was actually thinking the other day that I would loose everything if my computer crashed and I really should back everything up!