Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Picnic Table and School Lunch

Monday night we painted our old picnic table. The kids loved it. There was paint everywhere.
But the table looks good!
We take our kids to free school lunch every weekday. It is a fun outing, the kids get a good meal, it doesn't make a mess at my house, and IT'S FREE!!! Here we are waiting in line. (totally loving the profile shot)
Aubryn is getting her food. She feels big.
Eat it up! Everyday, without fail, Aubryn has to take a potty break as soon as we start to eat.
Reagan likes it too. There are a ton of kids there and it is a bit distracting. One day a lady's baby was sitting on the table while she fed him. He toppled off and landed on his head! You could hear it over all the noise. I was sick to my stomach, but the baby stopped crying and seemed okay. I asked the mom before we left if everything was okay. I kept thinking about it all day. Not sure why I shared that. It was disturbing to me.

3 comments:

Kar said...

Nothing is as sickening as the sound of a kid falling and hitting his head on concrete. Except for the sound of a baby hippo being eaten by an adult male hippo. Ben was watching some awful documentary about hippos, and I was listening from the other room while making menus for the upcoming week, and the sounds were horrible. Of course, I just had to peek at it, which added a lovely visual to the pitiful sounds of the baby hippo. I seriously got so sick to my stomach that I almost threw up. And I totally started crying. :) Hormones are fun.

Jenny said...

hope the baby was ok. that's really scary.

the picnic table project looks fun!
does your school really do free lunch every day? man. i don't enjoy fixing lunch. that would be so nice!

Heidi said...

Anji - we love family projects teh picnic table looks like a fun one! Lots of fun and exciting things happening in your house - congrats on the birthdays and baptism! What a fun summer! Heidi