Sunday, June 29, 2008

Little Artist

I've been working on this painting to hang in our living room. I can never seem to do much at a time. I only work on it when Reagan is sleeping. I'm hoping to get it done before the baby arrives. (along with everything else on my long list) When I walked in this room last night I looked at the painting and went, "AHHH?!!!" Someone had helped.
Look close and you can see. Brian had been doing some touch up painting on some walls that had been scratched. Aubryn found the brush and painted on this painting and the desk. She's not to bad!
I feel like most of the posts lately have been about Aubryn. So here are some updates on the others. Brad is planning a parade. We went to a parade Saturday and got more candy than on Halloween! We watched fireworks last night. We had a perfect view from our backyard while we roasted marshmellows. It was great. Brad had fallen and scraped his knee. He's been limping pretty bad when he remembers.
Reagan is busy and funny. He tries to copy just about anything you say. He still hates nursery. He really makes me laugh. He gives me kisses.
Brian mowed the lawn again yesterday for the third time. It is a BIG job. The mower ran out of gas before he was done and he filled it up to mow. At our old home it took him 15-20 minutes to mow the front and back. And he filled the gas tank maybe once a month. Big change. He is also growing his hair out. I'm not sure why or what is in his head about it. He has always had it buzzed short. I guess that is what happens when you are no longer in a leadership position at church. Yesterday, in his hat, his hair flipped out the sides and back... I kind of like it. He looks cute.

6 comments:

Christi said...

That is a beautiful painting. Aubryn didn't do too bad. From far away it looked like it belonged there. :)
I hope you can fix it.

Time to get Aubryn some canvases and her own paints. :)You might have a budding little artist.

anjie said...

I bought her some paints earlier this week so she could paint along with me and so I could prevent this from happening. Oh well. They always want to "help".

Anonymous said...

WOW, I never knew you were such an amazing artist! That painting is awesome!
You are such an amazing mom, wife and so much more. Goodness woman, how do you do it???
Hey, I also wanted to ask you about being a doula... It's you that does that right?

Kar said...

Okay, my computer at work is really dark, and I cannot tell where she painted. Seriously. The painting is gorgeous. I've really let my art stuff go downhill - good for you for keeping it up. I love that look, too, when the hair kind of flips out from under the hat. Ben's hair is receding so badly that he'll never be able to pull that look off again. :)

Jenny said...

what a beautiful painting. i've had a difficult time finding a picture of the IF temple that i really like. you've done a great job. even w/ aubryn's "help." :)

love the updates on your family.

Drama Momma said...

You are such an amazing artist. Your little girl is sure to take after you. It looked like a snow fall to me. I hope you can fix it.

Lets get together soon. I am leaving for a Hypnobabies Training on the 10th and I won't be available until the 21st of this month just schedule a time for us to come and crash at your house!