Monday, June 9, 2008

What kind of mother are you?!

Our basement is so close to being done. Contractor man is putting the bathroom sink in as we speak. (actually, I think I just heard him drive away!) After he is done they will come through and touch up paint. Then - Ta DAA! It's all ours!! Yeah.
The kids love playing down there. they run and run and run! We put a monitor down there so that I can hear them. Earlier this morning I was upstairs and could hear Reagan crying faintly in the background. It got quiter and stopped, so I figured he was fine. Later when contractor man came to the door I walked downstairs with him.
"Where's Reagan?" I asked Brad.
"I don't know." he said.
I walked down the hall and found one of the bedroom doors closed. I opened it and there he was laying on the floor almost asleep. He ran and snuggled into me. He must have shut the door behind him and couldn't open it. He was in there at least 1/2 an hour. I'm not sure! I felt so bad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sad, but I have to say it made me chuckle. You have no idea how many times a day Dallin locks himself into different rooms.
It's kind of cute that he fell asleep though. My kids would just keep screaming or possibly brake down the door!!!
By the way, Josh's wife Traci is my hair dresser! You should give her a call.

Kar said...

How cute that he almost fell asleep. And nope, you're not a bad mom. My cousin always says, "If there isn't blood, all is well."

Jenny said...

hurray for a finished basement!

poor reagan. i bet he was so glad to see you. :) you're NOT a bad mom. :)

Drama Momma said...

Yippee. Lets have fun. Schedule that play date.