Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Perfect Fortunes

Brian needed to go to SLC last evening to pick up a check for work. (I guess the guy is afraid it will get lost in the mail.) So we all went along for the ride. On our way down we saw this. So we tried to buy some time before heading home. We went to a mall and later the SLC cemetery and found many prophet's graves.
While in the mall we walked past the best sales lady I've ever met (besides the guy who sold us our home!) She was a small Asian lady who worked at a Chinese restaurant. I wasn't even in the mood for Chinese. As we walked by her restaurant she offered a free sample of her honey chicken. "I can dish you up a plate with rice or noodles for $3.99. Would you like it to stay or go?" Before I knew it we had a plate of yummy honey chicken! I told Brian, "you need to hire her!"
We had been shopping for a new cell phone for Brian. He lost his a couple weeks ago. No one at any of the million cell phone kiosks was helpful. "The cheapest we have for retail is $200." So we kept walking away hoping, again, he could just find his.
After we finished our honey chicken Brian opened his fortune cookie. It said, "Your lost item will be found next week." Cool. We'll just wait till next week to look for it.
My fortune was especially written for me as well. I am trying to mentally prepare to have this new baby. Trying to have positive energy and thoughts. There was a bump in that on Monday and I have been rebuilding my umph. My fortune read, "Use your abilities at this time to stay focused on your goal. You will succeed." Cool, again.

3 comments:

Monica Polad said...

I love fortune cookie fortunes too! I hope they come true! Danny always loses his cell phone or his charger or he breaks them. I know how it goes! I can't wait to hear about your baby!

Kar said...

Dude, I cannot believe how soon you will be holding your little one! Your pregnancy has gone by so fast (for me)!

craig said...

Does Brian still use ATT? I have an extra phone that you can have from Shad. Or if you just ask Shad, I'm sure he has an extra phone or two you can have.