Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Birthday




"What do you want for your birthday dinner?" I asked.


"Ice cream." He said.


"No, for dinner, before the ice cream." I said.


"I want ICE CREAM!"


Later, after he woke up from his nap, I asked him a new question.


"What do you want to do for your birthday, Reagan? Do you want to go swimming?"


"I want ice cream." He said.


"What do you want to do for fun?"


"I want take (cake) too. I want to have my birthday now. It’s going to be yum."


All he wanted all day was cake and ice cream. I went to the store to buy a cake for the first time. They had a cute little cake for $3.99. So I grabbed it and asked the lady if she could write his name on it. "Sure! I can also put a little Spiderman on top and some balls."


"Okay." I said, "That would be great."


She did those things, then put a new price tag of $9.99 and gave it back to me.


We came home and immediately Aubryn stuck her finger in the frosting. It then said, “R agan”. Aubryn reassured me that we could still eat it like that.


Reagan was excited when he saw his cake. He didn't notice his smeared name. We did the festivities: sang, blew out candles, opened gifts, and dished up the cake and ice cream. Reagan really enjoyed his THREE bites. "I’m DONE!" And off he went.

0 comments: