Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Brigham City Temple Open House

On th shuttle ride to the temple

Brad and James

Reagan

Happy Wesley

Reagan and Rylan

Aubryn

Outside temple after tour

Families are forever! 





Before entering the temple, they show you a movie about temples.  After the movie ended, Reagan said to Brian and I, "That made me have a tear."  I asked him how he felt watching the movie.  He told me he felt good.  I said, "That feeling that felt good inside was the Holy Ghost telling you that temples are true."  I could see in his eyes that he understood.

After leaving the temple I asked Reagan how he felt.  He said, "Really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really good."

I asked Rylan what he liked best in the temple.  He responded with, "The water and the light."  (baptisimal font and chandelier in Celestial room)

Aubryn liked the "room where you get married."  (Sealing room)  She told us that is where she wants to get married.

I was worried about my kids behaving while we walked through the temple.  They did so well.  Reagan had to be in front of us and was so very reverent.  He walked with his arms folded the whole time.  He was so busy looking around that sometimes he walked into the lady's bottom in front of him.

When we entered the sealing room we stepped out of the line that moved like a river through the temple and took some time to show the children the mirrors that are hung on both sides of the room.  They reflect into each other and go on forever and ever.  I looked into that mirror with all my kids, except Isaac, and husband.  We are sealed together for all eternity!  I began to be filled with emotions as I stood there.  I am so thankful that I have been blessed with the temple ordinances.  This was a very special experience for me.  I hope my children always remember the way they felt as they walked through the temple and have a desire to return there.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: