Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Date with Reagan



I went on a date tonight with Reagan.  If that doesn't make you jealous, well then, you don't know Reagan!  I want to remember some of my great moments on our date here. [You might think I am over using exclamation points.  I am not.]

- While driving down the road I told him to look for a restaurant to eat at.  "Tell me if you see a restaurant."  I said.
"I see one!" he said, pointing to Northern Exposure (strip club).

- He told me wanted to eat at the place where the chicken has bones.

- While I was eating my chicken drumstick he saw the bone and he asked, "What kind of bone is that?  Like a dog bone?

- After taking a bite of his biscuit he asked, "What kind of bread is this!?"
"It's a biscuit."  I replied

"I like biscuits!  I could eat them every day!  I could eat a cazillion a day!  Then I would puke!  I would puke a catillion times!!"

-  Reagan began asking me a question, "Mom, you know in Finius and Ferb the guy...."
"I've never seen Finius and Ferb"  I told him.
Shocked, he asked, "WHAT?!  You've N E V E R seen Finius and Ferb?!"
"No, I've never watched that."

"Never in your entire life?!"

"No."
"Wow.  You must be pretty emanic about that."

"What does 'emanic' mean?"  I asked.
"I don't know!"

- After taking a big bite of his crispy chicken Reagan exclaimed, "Wull that was messy!  For a big bite like that."

-While sitting in the restaurant some old fashioned Rock 'n Roll song came on.  Reagan moved his head forward and back with his lips pressed together and his chin sticking out.

- I said to Reagan, "We've got to get going."
"Okay, I'll hurry and eat my hams."  [I did mention we were eating chicken, right?]

-After he was full and content after eating his meal he leaned back in his chair, put his hand on his tummy, and said, "Ahh, that's more like it!"

-  I heard the gal that worked at the restaurant talking to the  older man sitting behind me, "You want a plate?"
"no, this will do."

"Are you sure?"

"Oh, all right."
I turned around to see what was going on and the gentleman had dumped his chicken pot pie on the fast food restaurant tray and was mashing it around, getting ready to eat it.

-  Reagan and I enjoyed our chicken and even shared a treat.  "What was that treat thing called again?"  Reagan asked me on the way home.
"A root beer float."

"Oh, it was good!"
It was good!  So was the company and the dancing in the car on the way home.



Posted by Picasa

0 comments: