Monday, March 10, 2008

sleep tight take 2

Ahh, look at her fall asleep clenching her toothbrush in her mouth.
(really, it was hard to get out.)
So, I'm taking Aubryn to "Princess on Ice" this Thursday. I made the mistake of telling her today. Four days to early. She keeps asking if we are going now... now? "They are waiting for us! We're going to miss them!" I mean, non stop. She has no concept of time. NO CONCEPT! I really tried my best to explain it to her and in several different ways. Also, she asks,"what?" a lot. (I think we need to have her checked, honest.) So after hours of constant crying and whining about going I said, "You are going to drive me bonkers."
"What?"
"You are going to drive me bonkers."
"What?"
(okay, Imagine this continues at least 10 more times.)
I got louder and louder. She came closer and closer.
By this time I yelled,"YOU'RE DRIVING ME BONKERS!"
She said, "Oh. Bonkers. What's bonkers?"

3 comments:

Jenny said...

ah, they look so sweet. :)

is she 3? it seems like you had her just before i had jonah and he'll be 3 this week. he has no real concept of time, either. his birthday is on wednesday, but i'm not sure he'll understand. he keeps telling me he'll be three "in march." i tell him it's already march, but he'll be three in two days. he nods, and says, "in march." have fun at the princess thing. :)

anjie said...

She turned three in November. last week we took her to a children's museum. She told someone it was her birthday. My husband found her with a group singing "happy birthday" to her. She loved it.

The Lower Family said...

Your kids are so cute! You are lucky to have a sweet little girl. It sounds fun to have a little mom and daughter date! Have fun.