Friday, August 29, 2008

Adventures in Breastfeeding!

It seems every time I sit down to nurse Rylan life gets a bit crazy. Having a one and three year old bouncing around makes it more of a challenge. They are always trying to hug, hold, kiss, and touch him.
One day I was sitting on my bed nursing and Reagan was into everything. I had stripped the sheets off the bed and they were in the washer. He found a bottle of lotion, opened it, and dumped it out on the mattress cover. I managed to get it away and scoop up as much of the lotion as I could while keeping the baby on!
Yesterday while I sat on my bed nursing, Aubryn sat next to me nursing her doll. It was sweet.
The other morning I sat in my bed, half asleep, nursing and out of the corner of my eye saw something black on my shoulder. It was an earwig!!!!!! I freaked and hit my self trying to kill it. Then I relaxed a little and another one (or the same one) came crawling up my side! Yikes!! But I am pround to say through all my freaking out, the baby stayed latched on! I have had a serious case of the heebie jeebies since then.

1 comments:

Kar said...

Oh, that is so hard - once you get settled down, bam. Someone needs help or has just gotten hurt. When I was breastfeeding Sadie, Dylan got out the fire extinguisher and sprayed it IN HIS MOUTH. So I rip Sadie off my boob and try to help Dylan, rinsing out his mouth, calling Poison Control, having him vomit all over me... what a nightmare.