Thursday, August 14, 2008

A few favorites!

Aubryn is so happy to have a baby brother!
Today is my due date and it is the first time I haven't been pregnant on it! Yipee for me!

Brad was very interested and involved. He even helped cut the cord!
I really debated about posting this picture. It is right as the midwife placed Rylan on my chest. I posted it because I love the happiness on Brian's face at the moment of birth. Although, I'm not looking quite so happy at that moment. It was an awesome experience. So intimate and calm. It was powerful and beautiful.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

congratulations!!! i'm so happy your little guy made it safely and that everyone looks like they're doing well. it looks like you had a home birth again? how wonderful. one of these days i'll have to talk to you about it. :)

the pictures are beautiful and rylan is perfect. what a great name. you guys have wonderful taste. :)

oh - and congrats on not being pregnant today. :) i'm 2 and 2 so far, so i know the feeling of still being pregnant after the "due date." :)

Drama Momma said...

I love that picture. Brian looks like he is sooooo Happy! I love the picture with Brad overseeing the exam.

Good Job! You are such great parents. I am so happy for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!! Great job Anjie!!!!
You are amazing!
I really need to come by and chat with you!!!
When would be an ok time? I guess I should let you have a little bit of time to recuperate first!
Let me know when you are feeling up to a visitor.
Congratulations!!!!

Kar said...

So you delivered at home? Holy crap! You pioneer woman!!