Saturday, August 16, 2008

Is it just me?

So, these last few days of "taking it easy" I have watched more T.V. than I have all year. I have watched one thing, the Olympics. Here are a few things I have noticed.

  1. Bob Costas has looked the same since I was 10 years old.
  2. Gymnasts use way to many barrettes.
  3. Not very many women athletes have a chest. (I can notice that. I am a newly nursing mom again and very full!)
  4. How can those women play volleyball dressed like that??
  5. Bei-Jing or Bei-sching???
  6. Croatia is the land of mustaches. Every man on the water polo team from Croatia has a mustache. Even the coach.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. We were watching the gymnasts the other night and I had the very same thought, "Is it really necessary to wear 72 barrettes on one head????"
I also noticed that they are all fairly short and fairly flat chested. actually most women athletes are fairly flat chested..Oh, I think that's what you said! ;-)
I completely agree with the volleyball outfits. I don't know how they do it? I played volleyball and we wore more clothes than that and we played just fine. I guess we didn't play in the sand though, that probably makes a difference. Still, I don't know how they aren't "popping out" left and right.

The Hunter's said...

ha, ha! ;)

Drama Momma said...

My girls are disgusted by the women volleyball team. My ten year old said, "Mom I played volleyball in school in boots and a sweater, it was hard but I did it. Why can't they just play in shorts and a tee shirt?" I replied, "I don't know hunny, I am wondering the same thing."

Just then teenage boys walked in....
"YES! Women's beach volleyball is on, finally something worth watching!"

Click TV time OVER!

Kar said...

That's so funny! You are so funny! I noticed the barrette thing, too. I actually noticed it on that one gymnast who looks like she's ten years old from China. I kept thinking that there are much cuter hairstyles for these gymnasts to keep their hair out of their faces. Something I've noticed - the women swimmers are so flat and so muscular that they and the men look the exact same with the swim caps and those little unitard swimming suits they wear.