Thursday, April 14, 2016

I just went to start this post and set my foot down on the floor to push the pedal like my sewing machine.  Sheesh!

I wanted to share some of the random goings on around my house lately.

I have a large double basketball hoop in my great room.  I have always secretly wanted one and when I saw one at a yard sale for $25, I couldn't help myself.  But there is no room for it.  I had the high score, but today Brian knocked it out of the park.  111 points in one minute!

Eden has gotten to be such a fun girl.  She is talking more and more.  She likes to go on walks down to the park.  The other morning she went out and climbed in the stroller.  "Push."  She said.  So I began to push her around the driveway and thought that would make her happy.  Whenever I turned back towards the house, she would say, "THIS WAY!"  and point back towards the park.  I walked a little further down the road hoping then I could turn around and she would be good.  Nope.  "THIS WAY!"  All the way to the park.  Then she rode in the swing for a bit.  She had to walk the whole way home.  She loves the airplanes and birds.  She screams when she sees them.  She smells all the flowers.  She looks at all the bugs.  She hops.  She side hops.  It is a slow stroll, but so cute to watch he soak it all in.  She did the same thing later that day.

The other day Wesley was upset that Eden put her hand on his head twice and he turned and smacked her on the tummy. Her face got the biggest frown.  She looked shocked and so so sad.  Then she said, "Wessy, hurt." and she would pat her tummy.  She said it several times.  As the day went on she would randomly do it again. Then she walked up to him, maybe and hour later, and whacked him.  I can tell that Wesley is starting to see her as more of a equal and less of a baby.  They play together a lot, usually pretty good when he is not fighting to take attention she gets away.  They like to hug.

Brad planted the garden last week.  He has been working hard on it and loves it.  He and Brian tore out a lot of grass to make it twice as big.

He also planted rice.  Rice is tricky.  You need a longer growing season.  So, he got a storage tub and put it in his room with a light.  Rice grows in two inches of water.  And he also read that it is good to have fish in the water, so he bought some gold fish and they swim around in the rice.

He also has an organ in his room.  He found a free one on some online classifieds and it happened to be in our town!  He cleared out his desk and moved it out of his room to make sure.  I was worried about having an organ in the house because of the noise, but his room is downstairs and I rarely hear the soft sound of the organ playing.

The school boundaries are changing and our street is on the chopping block.  Brian and I went to the meeting tonight where parents could voice their concerns.  Many were concerned, or more.  They had an open mic.  The meeting only had 5 more minutes and parents were lined up.  My cell phone rings.  It's home.  It's Brad.  I bend over and answer quietly because I want to hear what is happening.
"Hello?"  I whisper.  I think something bad must be happening.
"Eden wants a cheese wedge!"  Brad says.
"Just give it to her!"
"But she doesn't want any crackers with it.  She won't eat crackers with the cheese and you're supposed to have crackers with the cheese wedges."
"Just give her the cheese!  I'm right in this meeting and it only has 5 more minutes."
"OK."
He really likes rules.

Speaking of the boundary changes Aubryn is aware that she might have to go to a new school or her friend.  She was so sweet to say, "If Kynnady has to go to the new school, will you have me go too?"  I asked, "Would you want to?"
"Yes"
She was not wanting her to have to go alone.

One day James and Wesley were arguing over who had the loudest burp.  I honestly couldn't tell that one was a clear winner.  Both very loud.

Well, that is all I can remember right now.

0 comments: