Wednesday, April 20, 2016

When something happens and I want to remember it I put a note in my phone.  Then when I have time to sit and type I write them all down.  Not always super organized, but I need to put it down before I forget.
-
A couple weeks ago it was Spring Break for the kids.  I was waiting for a doula client to have her baby and so we never made plans to go out of town.  We tried to do things around here that were fun.  James really wanted to go to the Classic Fun Center.  They have skating, bouncy slides, and food.  He said he had a dream that we went there and it was so fun.
He began going to each person in the family and asking if they wanted to go.  He knew if he got enough people wanting to go, then we would.
"Aubryn, Do you want to go to the Classic Fun Center?"  he asked her.
She did not.
He went on to the next person.  I think he had Wesley on his list.  He seemed so sad about it. It was so cute to watch him walk around to everyone and tally up the votes.   Aubryn came to me and told me how she did not want to go.  I told her it would make James so happy.  She told him she wanted to go.
"Really?"  he asked happily.  More kids got on board and we went.
He was so excited!  They all ran and played.
Later James told me that the Classic Fun Center wasn't as fun as he thought it would be.  It was funner in his dream.

James with his building he made after kindergarten round up.
-
While playing outside with a friend, James hurt his foot pretty bad.  He came hoping in and crying.  I asked what happened.
"I fell off the wall."  he told me.
"He was trying to get his socks."  Welsey added.
I was pretty confused.  I checked his foot and sat him on the couch with a cold cloth.  I finally decided to walk outside and look around.  I saw some socks stuck about seven feet up on the stucco by the garage door.  When I returned I asked more questions and learned that he was standing on a scooter trying to reach his socks when Wesley, who was holding the scooter, walked away and James came crashing down.
He wouldn't walk on it for a couple hours, but after watching it it never swelled or bruised too bad, so I felt it would be ok.
He attended kindergarten round up the next day without shoes.  It hurt too much to wear them.
He seems fine now, but I sure was confused with the story they told me!!

-
Eden says, "Thanks. Much."  and "love you.  Much."  I love it and think it is so sweet.  So I made this.  
I also made this:
And these shirts:
We wore these to the movie night and discussion panel for the Powerful Birth Gorup.
-
One day while eating lunch James leaned his head over to Wesley's head and said, "You thinking what I'm thinking?  After we finish eating, we got to finish our wii."
Those two realllly like the wii.  The remotes have magically disappeared.  If it is rainy, we might find them.
-
The other day I woke up at 7:09 to an itchy nose.  I reached up to touch my nose and there was a bug crawling on it!!
-
Saturday Aubryn asked if it was fast Sunday the next day.  I told the kids it was Super Fast Sunday.  Every six months there is a Super Fast Sunday where we all fast for twice as long.  They were really concerned and thought they would die if they went that long without food.  Finally they started to catch on that I was kidding.  
-
Reagan and Aubryn  went to the park together yesterday.  They came home just in time for dinner.  Reagan came to the table and began to eat.  It was then that I learned that Aubryn and Reagan played truth or dare.  Aubryn dared Reagan to kiss some horse poop that was on the ground.  And HE DID IT.  He was sitting there eating his food without a care!  We kept asking him WHY he would do that.  Then he said, "Should have never told them about it!"  
-
The other afternoon the phone rang and James answered the phone.  He said, "Hello?  Dad?  This is James. {giggle}  Nooo, James. {giggle}  Dad?  No!  J-A-M-E-S.  No, no H....  I'm playing puzzles...... My dad is at work.  My mom is asleep on the couch, but now she is awake.  My sister is taking her nap."  He went on and on for two and a half minutes.  I thought it was someone we know but when he finally handed me the phone I heard in a thick Indian accent, "Hello.  This is John calling with Windows technical support..." click.  
-
While rocking Eden to sleep, her eyelids got very heavy and she closed them.  I stopped rocking.
"Go."  she said with a deep tiered voice and no emotion.
So I rocked.  Then stopped.
"Go."  She said plainly again.
Every time I stopped she would say go even when it seemed to be asleep.  
-


Kids at the park.

0 comments: