Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Good Day

When I woke up this morning it looked very gloomy outside. It still does.
The sky is grey and it is snowing a bit.
I am ready for spring. I am ready to go on walks outside.
But I feel good inside. I have a lot to feel good about. I love my family.
I have a great husband who is stuck at work today.
He does it to take good care of us.
I was playing with Aubryn and Reagan this morning and I love to hear them laugh. Reagan would give me a big cheesy smile. I would do it back and he would laugh and laugh. Aubryn and I read books this afternoon. She asked lots of questions and I rarely read every word. Aubryn and Brad are downstairs now (Unfinished basement) playing and Aubryn runs up to me every few minutes to tell me what is new.
So, I am grateful. Someday I will miss changing diapers. (right? okay, maybe not the real gross ones) But I will miss the little footsteps I hear running through the house. Always having a little body to stick in the front of the shopping cart. (and a second little body to stick in the back of the cart- who usually smashes the bread)
The laughter. And, most of all, "MOMMY!"
Some days I wonder why I haven't gotten anything done. Why I look like a mess. And I wonder when it will end. But, in reality, I don't want it to.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

what a great post. thanks for something to think about.

i laughed when i read your comment on my blog - about missing snot one day. but then i thought about it, and i bet we will miss it. i love having my kids around. snotty noses and all. one day they'll be too big to cuddle and kiss. when they're at school, or on missions, or married and far away, i'm going to wish they were close enough and small enough to need their mom to wipe their nose, hold their hand, kiss their hurts, and tuck them in at night. this mom stuff is kind of hard - but it's sooo worth it. :)