Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dumb Question

I was in Tai Pan this afternoon. (that is a home décor store.) An old man walked up to me. He looked like he had been transplanted out of the pharmacy line at Walgreen’s. He was wearing a blue zip up hoodie and his hair was a mess. Not the typical person to run into there. He said, "Can I ask you a dumb question?"

I said, "I’ll give you a dumb answer."

"Why are men’s brains worth more than women’s brains?" He asked.

I replied, "Because they’ve never been used."

"NO!" he said. Then he mumbled the real answer, or his answer.

I turned to walk away, a little weirded out by him. He grabbed my sleeve and mumbled another one that involved a swear word. I didn’t catch what he said.

I just went, "he he." Then I hurried off to get away before he grabbed my sleeve again.

5 comments:

Mark and Hillari Cragun said...

That is weird I would have been a little freaked out as well. Hope things are going good.

Love ya

Jenny said...

i'm behind on commenting, too.
how did you like the nie nie concert?

Drama Momma said...

That's weird, you should have had him thrown out of the store. Scary. Of course then you eventually have to leave.

Yuck.

Angela said...

crazy- I liked your answer though. That was clever. Good idea to get away from him-

Kar said...

Ugh. I hate situations like that. What was he doing in a home decor store? Maybe he has alzheimer's and was lost or something.