Tuesday, February 3, 2009

No Big Deal

Today I got pulled over by a cop. Apparently I ran a red light. (I only saw yellow) My insurance card was expired. Luckily my insurance agent was in the passenger seat, so it was all good. Except that I still got the ticket. Normally I would care. Brian too. We just sat there like we were at the drive through waiting for food. Not good food. He brought me my ticket. I signed it and was told to “Drive safe!” Then we were on our way. No big deal.

Yesterday, Brian spilled water all over the laptop. What a bad thing to have happen. But we acted more like someone pushed the wrong channel on the remote. I just quickly flipped it over, Brian slowly got a napkin, and we soaked up most of the water in between the keys. It was no big deal.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Good attitude. Better than mine...
I got a ticket last year driving to work and I cried as soon as the cop walked away. I am a grandma driver, and have never gotten a ticket, so I was upset. It was on Washington..they have a speed trap from 16th to 21st I think. It goes down to 35. I thought it was 40 the whole way and I was going 41. He still gave me the stinkin ticket. I had to pay $100 for driver's school. I was the wrong person to be giving a ticket when there are so many crazy drivers out there. I feel like they're more concerned about getting money than make the streets safer. They need to patrol residential streets more if they're worried about safety. Wow, sorry such a long comment. I started to vent.

Kar said...

It's funny, how the trials you have put other things into perspective. Messed-up computers and tickets are nothing compared with what you're going through. Keep us updated. I'm like Jamie - I cry so hard when I get tickets. It doesn't happen often, because I'm a "grandma driver," like her.