Monday, September 10, 2018

A WONDERFUL non-farwell and new deacon

Yesterday Brad spoke in sacrament meeting at church before leaving on Wednesday.  He has been very nervous about speaking.  He would rather play the piano.  Over the past couple weeks he has worried about it more than just about any part of getting ready to go.  He asked me one day, "Can I just say no?  Has anyone just said no they won't talk before their mission?"

I responded, "Well, Brad, first of all you have invited everyone you have ever known.  Second of all, if you can't give this talk then you need to reallllly re-evaluate what you are doing." So, on he went thinking, listening to talks, pondering, avoiding, harvesting, and eventually wrote his talk all out.  I had no idea what he wrote.  I offered to help, but he only asked my input on one small thing.
As he prepared what he would say, I prepared to feed the masses.  And the masses came.  Brad told me as he sat on the stand before the meeting began and during the first part that he was overcome by the Spirit.  He was overwhelmed to see so many there.  And I think he knew there were many who love him on the other side (He does TONS of family history work) including his brother.  Isaac was there.

Brad did well on his talk.  It was well prepared and he delivered it well.  He looked up! I was touched.  Brian was touched.

Reagan was ordained a deacon yesterday as well.  Brad was able to stand in the circle as Brian gave the blessing.  It was really such a great day!

We stayed for the rest of church then ate afterwards.

























 hi Judy!! Thanks for coming!!!  We love you guys!


before he left for church.  Sadly, I never got a picture of Reagan.  He was having fun!

0 comments: